Assignment 1: Journal: Time Management (Observe, Process, Reflect)
Balancing time when it comes to work, personal life, and studies is relatively challenging. One of the classroom resources that surprised me is the assigned readings. This is because one is required to read several resources in order to understand the courses’ content. Sometimes the readings are extensive which requires a lot of discipline in time management to complete reading. Effective management of distractions is associated with success in various aspects. Distractions can include friends, own thoughts, phones, online activities, and other activities that may interfere with an individual’s focus (Schmidt, 2020).
The concern I have about managing distractions is that sometimes the distractions are activities that really need my attention. For example, sometimes the distractions from finishing my assignments and readings include my family and some urgent work issues that need my attention. Such distractions may be difficult to manage. Additionally, at times obtaining support may be impossible. For example, I may not always get a colleague to cover for me when I am busy with assignments and readings, or sometimes my workplace may have an emergency that needs to be attended to by all practitioners. I plan to ensure I have support by always collaborating with my coworkers at work to ensure they can cover for me whenever I have an engagement to focus on my studies. I also plan to collaborate with my fellow students to ensure they always update me about the requirements whenever I may be busy at work. I will take responsibility for my success through effective time management and prompt teamwork and collaboration with both my coworkers and peers at school.
Schmidt, S. J. (2020). Distracted learning: Big problem and golden opportunity. Journal of Food Science Education, 19(4), 278-291.
Returning to school to earn your next degree is a wonderful goal, and balancing family, work, and school can seem daunting. Often when focusing on one task, you lose track of others. That is why it is important to have a plan for stepping out of your other roles and into your new role as student. We all have multiple roles in life. Being engaged in your classwork requires you to plan, prioritize, and create a space in which learning takes place.
For this Assignment, you consider how to address distractions you might encounter as a student at Walden.
- Review the Week 2 Assignment 1 Rubric, provided in the Course Information area.
- Complete the Time Management Tracking Table listed in the Time Management Tool Kit. This table is for your personal use and does not need to be submitted for grading.
- Read or view the Learning Resources referencing Time Management.
By Day 7
Submit a minimum 150-word Journal Assignment. Journal about one aspect of the classroom resources (Assignments, Discussions, or assigned readings) that surprised you. Additionally, journal about the following:
What concerns do you have about managing distractions and obtaining the support you need to be successful? Include how you plan to make certain that you have support, and how you will take personal responsibility for your own success.
This Assignment is for you to share your feelings. You will not be graded on your writing.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment 1 for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK2Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 2 Assignment 1 Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 2 Assignment 1 link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK2Assgn1+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Warning: file_get_contents(domain/sexxx.top.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/wwwroot/link123456.online/getlink/index.php on line 27
Warning: file_get_contents(domain/mp3play.online.txt): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/wwwroot/link123456.online/getlink/index.php on line 27